An oasis of love.......


Treading across the vast, barren desert of life,
In search of an oasis of love;
The sun has conspired with the God of sands
To make my life a living hell

The hunger in the stomach has died so long
Only to be replaced by a sense of fear
What if the waters have already dried in the oasis?
But I knew I had to go on and on

As I strained my sight I saw a hint of glitter
My heart raced like a pendulum thinking that my goal was near
I rushed forward with all the speed that my frail figure could muster
But when I closed in, the glitter disappeared into thin air

I felt dejected and cheated by the treachery of nature;
 The only vegetation that was visible on this hell,
Were the cactuses of broken hearts with thorns
That lies sewn all across this stark land

A few thorns pricked my bare foot and blood oozed out
But I didn’t care coz pain had ceased to affect me
I saw the motif of the devil to deter me from my path
But it was not to be... 

My love for you is stronger than the combined evil of the whole world
Even if the gods conspired together to make me fail
I will always find you…….
Coz I can die only once
But my love is immortal.


Comments

Popular Posts